Monday, April 6, 2009

Don't speak, act now



Do you believe this is not cool at all? Do you find very cool, instead, the idea that we live in the best world ever thanks to progress. Or that freedom of doing whatever you want without worrying about the consequences is the best thing ever? Well, you are not alone. All of us do. And the reason why is just because the people in suit you saw in the video also own the televisions and they tell us and show us what is convenient for them.
For them it is convenient to pollute the environment because they make money out of it. Is it convenient for us? For our children?
If we listen to them night and day we end up believing in what they say. We believe that we share the same interests with them. Is it true? I personally don't earn anything from them putting toxic waste in my garden because they are so mean that they don't want to pay to dispose it properly or to avoid producing it at all. They don't give a damn about my health, of me getting a cancer and I don't give a damn about them not being able to earn even more than what they already earn. Which is a lot, believe me.

Or should I be compassionate...yes... feel sorry for them... "Yes, you can put toxic waste in my garden...How much you need to pay to dispose it? Ah, it's a lot. You need more money to buy that nice island in the middle of the ocean, with palms, and clear water...? Ok. What about my children... what can it do to them? Nothing you say...right...if you say so than it must be true. Go ahead."

Anytime I have an idea in my mind that I find very appealing I always ask myself: where did this come from? Does it serve the interests of someone else (expecially the rich people who own tv)? Could its consequences be bad for me or the human race in general and the future of the children?

If they don't talk about it on TV or even tell us that there is nothing to be worried about nobody worries about it and people don't protest, don't ask for new solutions. And not just for words...for real facts. And if things go on like this we might end up noticing that the temperature of the planet has risen before we hear about it in the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment